Saturday, November 17, 2007

Online Application & Tools - Learning week 8

#19 (week 8) - Web 2.0 tools

Looked through the list of Web 2.o Awards nominees, found the new technologies are amazing. Really have no time to discover every site, just quickly browsed some sites, and chose Care2 is my favourite site.

Care2 is a philanthropy site to care people green living, health, human rights and so on. From my point of view, I think the health and the human rights are very important for human, so I found this site is very useful, got lots of good information from it.



#18 (week 8) - Online productivity (word processing, spreadsheet) tools.

I think I am good at word processing, spreadsheet, sometimes I saw web-based or online word processing/spreadsheet, wonder what are they, and how do they work?!

I know them now from doing this task. Web-based applications allow you to many of the things, such as: creating a word document, spreadsheet or presentation; editing, collaborating them; sharing them with anyone. But how we can create a online word processing. It is very easy, you can use a web-based word processing tool called Zoho Writer.

Zoho Writer is an online word processor to write, edit, collaborate, share documents. I set up an account (it is free), and created few documents at work place. I could read them at home without using a Floppy Disk or a CD to copy some files, it is so handy. Not completely master its all functions now, really want to discover them later on.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Glad to hear you think zoho is handy, it could make the memory stick redundant?